A car cover is an essential tool that keeps the outer part of your car clean and protected. You can save your car from bird waste, dirt, tree sap, and other damaging materials by having a car cover. As this stuff can harm your car, it can also damage your car covers. Car lovers oblige to clean all parts, such as the covers.
Without a doubt, if your car cover protects your car from all dirt, it means that the cover itself is getting dirty. When you see your dusty car cover and want to clean it, there are easy ways to clean it.
There are generally two ways to wash your car cover:
- By hand
- By machine
It is essential to wash your covers by yourself at home when you have no other sources.
The tools required for this,
- car cover
- mild liquid detergent
- laundry line (where you hang your cover for drying)
Now you have to follow these steps:
- The easy way, install the car cover onto the car and note that the cover is exposed entirely. Tight the cover more over the car. This will help you to clean the cover effortlessly.
- Now you can use a hose to shower the full car cover with cold water, don’t try to use warm water. You need to make sure that even a single part of the cover doesn’t remain dry. You need to use water more gently and carefully; otherwise, you may harm the cover.
- You can add good quality detergent by choosing a cold, clean water bucket and making a simple soapy solution.
- Use the kitchen household sponge if you don’t like to buy a giant sponge. Take a sponge and dunk it into the soapy water, and then smoothly rub the full cover. Any time you can put the sponge into the soapy water when it’s getting dry. You have to make sure that the cover is thoroughly washed.
- If you want to clean the car cover’s internal part, you need to take off the lid, turn it around, and wrap it onto the car if it is essential for you.
- When you are done cleaning your cover, remove it from the car hang it in the sunlight or someplace where it can completely dry itself.
If you have a source for cleaning the car cover, then you have to follow these steps:
The tools required for this:
- Washing machine
- Laundry line (for drying your cover)
- good quality detergent
Now you have to follow these steps.
- For cleaning the cover thoroughly, you need a powerful machine that can remove all types of dirt from it.
- If you want to keep the cover in perfect condition, use good quality soap and cold water in a commercial washer. It can clean your cover without damaging it. You have to be sure that the detergent you are using will not harm the cover.
- For a better result, use a commercial washer multiple times while washing the car covers.
- When you are done washing the car cover with the help of a washing machine, now leave it for drying for at least five or six hours.
Washing car covers by yourself is an easy task that you can do at home. You can save some money if you can clean your covers. It’s possible that the way of washing your cover is not appropriate, so you have to be careful while washing it.
After reading our blog, we hope that this task will be easier for anyone, and you can save some bucks for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I wash my Budge car cover?
Yes, you can wash your Budge car cover. Plus, the washing process is not a far cry from the general process. However, if you are looking for further guidance, you should look for Budge’s cleaning instructions.
Can I wash my cover with warm or hot water?
You should never use hot water to clean your car cover. It can damage the material and also can shrink your cover. So, it’s better to use cold water than using warm water.
What is the best way to protect my car covers from dirt and dust?
The best way to protect your car covers from dirt and dust is by using storage for your cars when you are not using them.